Emmanuel (acoustic)

Here's Emmanuel on the acoustic. It's mainly strumming, but I've kept the E and B strings open so as to make the chords sound more complex. It's a typical method used by acoustic guitarists, and very effective.



Tabs
I'll display the chords as they come up, but won't repeat the tabs twice when the same fingerings are to be used again.

Intro
C#m Bsus4 E

(C#m is actually C#m7, but i'll just write C#m)

-0--0---0--
-0--0---0--
-6--4---1--
-6--4---2--
-4--2---2--
--------0--
C#m B E

Verse
E5 B/D# C#m B
Asus2 C#m B

(B/D# is actually Bsus4/D#, but I'll just write B/D#)

-0--0--0---
-0--0--0---
-9--8--2---
-9--9--2---
-7--6--0---
-----------
E5 B/D# Asus2

Chorus
F#m B E/G#
Asus2 B

F#m B E/G#
Asus2 B C#m

(F#m = F#m7add4)

-0---0----
-0---0----
-2---4----
-2---x----
-0---2----
-2---4----
F#m E/G#

Bridge
B/D# C#m B Asus2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At last tabs for Emmanuel. Cool. Ya, I always use open string playing as you've said. Sound better. I've read one of your articles(intermediate notes) and the tabs for Here I am To Worship for eg really brings out the colour of the chords. Thanks!

-And-

Anonymous said...

Hey Kenny how did you record you acoustic guitar? Through a stompbox or thing like a zoom a2?

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

If I'm not mistaken, having the high E and B string open while you play your chords, is called droning