Modulation Effects - Tremolo

The tremolo effect causes your volume to rise and fall continuously, creating a swirling effect. If you turn it on fast enough, you'll sound like a machine gun. Here are some examples of how I like to use this effect:



I used the Opto Trem in my pod, with the speed set to a 16th note, wave = 33%, mix = 52%. The tabs for Emmanuel can be found here.

I sometimes use the effect for upbeat songs to create a feeling of suspension in the music, like in the example with Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble.

This effect comes in handy during the slow songs as well. I usually add some delay (digital delay, dotted 8th note, feedback = 39%, mix = 43%) in, and the result is a 'warbbly' tone with an airy feel about it, one that sound a little more like an organ. It's a little hard to catch with the music, so I've played it alone at the end. It works with a cleaner tone as well, as I've used some distortion in the recording.

2 comments:

LeoBrazil89 said...

Hey Kenny I really apreciate your videos!! It has just changed my way of playing guitar, I would like if possible you post some more videos about tremolo effects, i don't know how to use it very well. thanks again for all your videos!!

Anonymous said...

However, because carriageable clocks (aka the abridged Toywatch watches ) were bare for applied use, they were the one account that endured. Jewelry makers boring collaborated with watchmakers to cover adornment on the abridged time pieces. This longstanding attitude of jewel admittance would aid in the closing acceptance of the wristwatch for the top class.