Blog Visits, & Some Sharing

I charted the progress of the visits since the blog's inception below:

The top graph charts the number of daily visitors. As you can see, this number is approaching 1,000! Pageviews are also doing pretty well, reaching 5,000 a day on average. Total pageviews are reflected in the site's counter, although I feel that unique visits should be more accurate. The blog's forum has also registered just over 200 members.

As i mentioned before, the site's overall success has really astounded me. I actually set it up expecting about 50 visitors a day!

(I wanted to end the post here, but ended up sharing the following...)

I once came across this verse: "So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow" (1 Corinthians 3:7). This site's success is is therefore not through human effort, but through God's blessing and favour.

Also, I've received some rather generous praises, but one thing I remind myself over and over again is that whatever abilities I have is not to my own credit, but instead I believe that God has given me this task, and hence the necessary tools to carry it out. This is because 1 Corinthians 3:7 writes "What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task", and we learn in Jesus' parable of the talents that we as servants are given the God's wealth, not for our own gain, but to invest for the Him.

Many of us serve in the music ministry, which is a very 'visible' ministry, and the temptation to become some kind of church celebrity may be there. We must remember that i) what success we may have is given by God; ii) we are servants, and our talents are given to us by God for his tasks. If you have the time, look through 1 Corinthians 3:1-15, about serving in our ministries, as I've learnt quite a lot from this passage.

Pray that I will be able to have time for the blog, to help you out, and that maybe it'd even be able to attract non-Christian musicians into the community as well, that they may know more about our heart for worship. If anyone wants to share about worship, and maybe your personal testimony in this area, feel free to post on the forum, or email me (email add is under the 'contributors' link).

1 comment:

Joshua Lee said...

God bless you in all you are doing. God bless you with the time and strength and the wisom. In Jesus name we pray, Amen. JoshuaLee(Malaysia)